Who we are
Our organizations have come together to ensure that New York City’s economic and workforce development programs create real employment opportunities and community stability for all New Yorkers, especially for residents of low-income neighborhoods and communities of color.
We envision a city where every New Yorker is valued and has real access to the necessary education, training, and employment opportunities that would allow them to stay in their communities, provide for their families, and reach their full potential.
WHAT WE'RE FIGHTING FOR
We are fighting for a fully-funded transformation of the City’s system of economic and workforce development to one that centers the needs of low-income New Yorkers and communities of color.
We are fighting to make Mayor de Blasio’s promise of 100,000 new jobs a meaningful one for our communities.
We are fighting to make the de Blasio administration’s vision of “Career Pathways” and the "fairest big city in America" a reality and not just a slogan.
- ALIGN: The Alliance for a Greater New York
- Association for Neighborhood and Housing Development
- Community Service Society
- Goodwill Industries of Greater NY and Northern NJ, Inc.
- New York City Employment and Training Coalition
- New York Committee for Occupational Safety and Health
- New York Communities for Change
- Northwest Bronx Community and Clergy Coalition
- The Legal Aid Society
- United Neighborhood Houses